rainy banana scones



I haven't blogged a legit recipe blog in forever!  So here goes.  It's nearing the end of the semester, and full-blown procrastination methods have swooped in.  This baking episode was inspired by the four lonely, sad-looking brown bananas that were sitting on my shelf and did not want to go into the freezer to be used for later.  Enter: BANANA SCONES.



Okay, now these guys are GOOD.  And by that, I mean I could eat the entire batch, no prob.  They're soft and fluffy, could be a little flakier, but that's okay, and full of banana flavor.  The only downside is that the batter gets reallllly wet from the bananas, so you might have to add a bit (or a lot) more flour to make it pliable.  But yeah.  Really.  Good.


Oh, and we're calling them Rainy Banana Scones because....it's raining!  And all it makes me want to do is crawl back into bed and be lazy.  Alas, my next class is in a half hour, so that can't happen, unfortunately.

Oh!  And more exciting things!  Pictured below (with the delicious scones) is a photo that I framed and matted for an art auction on campus!  The money from the auction will go to some charity - I don't remember which one, whoops - and it was open for anyone to submit art!  So here's to hoping mine goes for a ton of cash ;)

Ps: How do I flip pics in this new Blogger set-up???